BRM has two modes of operation;
- normal mode - for when you use a keyboard / mouse / touch screen.
- barcode mode - hands free mode.
clearly this is only suited to certain workflows where there is a fairly simple range of operations you would want to perform.
Here are the pages that have a barcode mode:
- Search Reservations Page - so that you can find reservations by scanning a ticket or bike. Then allocate and check-out, or check-in when the item returns, using scans. See EVO mode.
- Maintenance Page - so that you can scan a bike, then scan a service item (from a menu).
- Delivery Management Page - so that you can scan bikes through the delivery management lifecycle (beta)
- Stock Take - so that you can scan bikes - and then perform certain operations on them (like change status, or change location)
We are changing the way you get into and out of barcode mode. Rather than each page controlling its own status (barcode or normal), it is now a global setting.
so you simply turn the mode on and off using the top header:
The advantages of a global setting (over per page ) are as follows:
- you can change between pages more easily
- it will remember your preference between logging in
- it means the navigation buttons can be kept for navigating!