In order to link to your PayPal account there are a few steps you're going to need to perform:
- On PayPal, make it so that your customers can pay via Credit Card OR PayPal. (ie they don't need a PayPal account)
- Update BRM automatically when you receive PayPal payments for your rentals
- Tell your customers that you take credit cards as well as PayPal
- In BRM, wire up your PayPal account. ie LINK your BRM-> your PayPal
Here are the detailed steps to do this:
Credit Card Optional
- You probably want to make it so that your customers don't need a PayPal account in order to pay, so that they can just complete their transaction using a credit card. To do this you can change a setting in PayPal to make it optional to have a PayPal account. Please note you need a premier or business PayPal account first.
You set this up in your Profile->Account Settings:
Then go to Website Payments >> Website Preferences
Then choose PayPal Account optional:
Update BRM automatically - Payment notifications
You will want to make sure that you're notified about Payments automatically when they occur. In this way your reservations will automatically be progressed to confirmed, and the transaction added to history. This is achieved through a mechanism called Instant Payment Notifications. To get to this setting, log into your PayPal account and go to My Account >> Website Payments >> Instant Payment Notifications >> Choose IPN Settings. Then, to set this up please make sure you have enabled them and configured the 'handler' to point to
- https://app.bikerentalmanager.com/paypal/ipn FOR Rest of the World shops
- https://us.bikerentalmanager.com/paypal/ipn FOR North American shops
Please see this image:
Final technical step for the IPN from the Profile
Then select 'More Options'
Then select No, Use UTF-8
Tell your customers
3. it may be worth telling your customers on your web page, above the wizard, that you accept payments, but that they do not need to have a PayPal account - they can pay by credit card.
Link BRM->your Paypal account
4. you need to LINK your PayPal account to your BRM settings: