Lightspeed integration - how to use
BRM and lightspeed (online) can talk to each other. This means you can do really cool stuff;
- like start a retail sale, add in a rental, then complete the transaction in Lightspeed.
- process all your rentals through lightspeed - which means you only have to reconcile in one place. (and you get all the power of BRM for managing your rentals)
So, in summary the idea is that you have two systems running in your browser, each in their own tab.
- Lightspeed - for your retail and your transactions (including rental transactions)
- BRM / RSM - for managing your rentals. Making reservations & managing reservations through their lifecycle.
Furthermore, the integration means that we pass messages between the two applications when needed.
Specifically there are two types of integration with Lightspeed:
- Lightspeed -> BRM - start off in Lightspeed, create a rental with the BRM button, then come back to LS to complete the transaction (video demo)
- BRM -> Lightspeed - perhaps you're already managing a rental in BRM - then want to process a payment through LS (video demo)
We recommend where possible you start rentals from within Lightspeed
- this will allow you to (optionally) bring in customers from Lightspeed into BRM (in real time)
- when you actually complete the payment in LS, BRM is now clever enough to listen for the payment and update itself.
Please Note - The integration only works with Lightspeed retail (online, cloud) NOT Lightspeed on-site.